Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Neverending Garden

Just when you think that the work in the garden is completed, an idea pops into your head and there is more to be done!

In the last couple of weeks, we have extended the border on the left side of the fence and put more shrubs, perennials and bedding plants in.

In the few weeks, we are hoping that the hard landscaping will be finished and the rest of the beds dug out. We plan on extending the patio and putting an arch in. We have just purchased a very pretty pale grey metal arch which is now residing in the shed. :-)


I have also bought a plant terrace, which I am currently using as shelves next to the tap. I may use it for potted plants but I am not sure what I will do yet.


One of my favourite flowers is the rose and we have a particularly beautiful variety at the end of the garden. This particular bud was about to bloom when I broke it while playing 'fetch the ball' with the dogs! Ha ha. But I saved it and put it in some water on the window sill. It has since given me a lot of viewing pleasure when I do the washing up.


I will post more photos in a few weeks time once the work in the garden is close to completed. I never commit to the word 'completed' now!

No comments: