Sunday, February 1, 2009

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let it Snow!

Technology is a wonderful thing. A couple of weeks ago, a colleague read in the paper that we'd have another cold spell at the beginning of February. Taking heed of her warning, I immediately invested in a few pairs of wool and cashmere tights. I'm so glad I did because this is the scene outside our house as I type this:



Our street:

Our back yard:


I love the snow so I don't mind. In fact, I hope it snows so heavily tonight that all the trains will be cancelled and I don't have to go to work tomorrow. Please God, let the incompetency of these people benefit me for once!

My job is going alright and I am enjoying life in Brrringland a bit more now. I have met some nice people recently as well.

The great news is that P and I will be heading back to the Small Island for a short holiday over Easter and I JUST CANNOT WAIT! My dad has kindly sponsored my flight ticket (thanks Dad!). I am really looking forward to the warm sunshine, wearing my sexy clothes (if I can still fit into them ugh), chilling out during happy hour and shaking my boo-tay!

I have not gotten drunk since I moved here. Mostly because there are a lot of yobs out and about and I never feel completely at ease in this country. The other day, B-dawg asked me why I don't write much on the blog anymore. Basically, my life has changed a lot over the last year or so. P and I don't go out much so I just don't run into men in drag or meet other weird freaks like I used to!

But for two weeks in April, I'll be back home sweet home and I am going to let my hair down and PAR-TAY! Woo hooooooooooooo!

No comments: