Sunday, October 12, 2008

Old is New Again Part 2

In spite of the fact that I have been busy with work, holidays and visitors, I have still managed to find time to do some shopping for the house. Spoken like a true-blue Small Island girl!

I have continued my quest to furnish this house in understated Shabby Chic and our dining room is more less now complete.


The vintage embroidered linen tablecloth is from the good old US of A. The cushions are second hand and matched in pairs, each set slightly different but with a similar floral colourway. The clock and green mirror are new but deliberately finished to look aged. Everything was purchased online (but of course!).

The guest room has also had a little makeover, with a vintage-inspired Toile de Jouy blue and white bedspread. I also love the fully-working vintage alarm clock on the lowest shelf. Unfortunately, I can't wind it up as it ticks very loudly and I am sure would keep our guests awake. The important thing is that it looks good though!


I wish I could Shabby Chicify Winnie's crate bed, but somehow, I think faded florals and lacy trim would be lost on her, no?

No comments: