Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Never mind Brrrringland!

It's just BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Mark Twain obviously never crossed the Atlandtic. If he had, he would have experienced the coldest winter during the summertime in Brrringland and not in San Francisco!

It's the second week of July and it has been p*ssing down with rain. It is truly cold, grey and miserable. I've tried to make the living room look cosier by lighting candles but there is still a chill in the air. I am sat in my favourite (and only) armchair in a jogging suit with a fleece blanket over my legs and drinking a winter Pimms to keep warm!

At night, we are still sleeping with a winter-weight down and feather duvet. Unbelievable. P also bought me brushed cotton pyjamas and I sleep with those on as well as socks. Romance is definitely dead and thank goodness P remembers what I looked like when I was sexy!

Where has the summer gone? Not that we had much of one anyway. I blinked, so I think I missed it. The sun has shone intermittently over the last couple of months but cloud has definitely been king.

Winnie the Pooch is definitely not a fan of the rain, though she still needs to do her business. When I take her for a walk, the guys hanging around at the pub near our house laugh at her because she blinks in the cutest way when the water falls on her face. Thank goodness she normally does what she has to do in double-quick time and the two of us can scuttle back into the shelter of the house!

We are due to attend the Hampton Court Flower Show with some friends this Saturday and fingers crossed that it won't be a complete wash out. Sigh...

No comments: